Following the enactment of the Multimodal Transportation of Goods Act, 1993, AMTOI (Association of Multimodal Operators of India) was established in the year 1998.
The main objects of the Association are to
• To organize Multimodal Transport Operators at national level
• To study the issues faced by MTOs and seek resolution with appropriate authorities
• To promote multimodal transport services in Domestic and foreign trade
• To improve the quality of such services and reduce transaction costs
• To facilitate Skill Development for Logistics Sector
• To Promote implementation of Cargo Community System
AMTOI is registered as a non-profit making body under the Indian Companies Act and its core managing committee consists of seven members.
The managing Committee is supplemented by Special Invitees who are experts in the industry. AMTOI has Extended Board that has nominated representatives from other trade bodies like ACAAI, ACTO, CSLA, CAI, CFSAI, FFFAI, FEDSAI, INSA, IPPTA and WISTA.
We at AMTOI have always endeavored to have a harmonious maritime community to bring consensus amongst all segments of our community, whilst making representations to various authorities and promote Multimodalism in India.
AMTOI is working very closely with other Trade Bodies to formally set up a Confederation of Logistics Associations.