St. Xavier's Technical Institute
St. Xavier’s Technical Institute started operations in the premises of St. Xavier’s College in 1937 and was transferred to its own building in Mahim in June 1967.
The aim of the Institute is to develop men and women who are not just top quality engineers but also well developed persons. Our motto therefore is “the joy of excellence in a world of high technology”.
The Institute provides facilities for professional and specialised training in Electronics. The areas covered areRadio, Television, Video, Marine Electronics and Communications, Radar, Digital Electronics, Microprocessors, Computer Software and Hardware. In today’s world of sophisticated technology there is a demand in industry for persons capable of handling sophisticated electronic equipment, with a focus on the ability to actually operate, maintain and adapt such equipment to customised requirements. The courses are therefore designed to combine up-to-date theory with much of ‘hands on’ practicals in the labs and workshops.
Further, the highly competitive world of today needs well developed persons and hence developing “Thinking Skills” and “Personality Development” are required subjects in our full-time Diplomas.
From June 1994 St. Xavier’s has been granted Academic Autonomy by the Government of Maharashtra . This means that the Institute conducts its own Diploma examinations which are recognised by Government as equivalent to those of the Board of Technical Education, Maharashtra.
The Institute has been awarded ISO 9001:2000 Quality certification for its Marine Department.